- Mother Nature. Noting beats waking up and looking out at wide open spaces and seeing Jug Mountain peer back at you. The overall physical beauty of the Ranch is what initially drew us in. Wide open spaces and incredible views. We have antelope and coyotes and moose sightings each year! Nothing beats what you find on the Ranch.
- The JMR Community. You won’t meet better neighbors. It is a magical place and hard to describe the supportive community that lives in JMR. People care about each other and where they live. The culture is unique and focused on sustaining the beauty and magic of JMG.
- Recreational Opportunities. Whether you are a golfer, hiker, biker, Nordic skier or just love to walk, you cannot beat what JMR offers. We skate ski out our back door; we have miles of incredible mountain biking trails; we can hike or walk every which way; and to top it off, we have a Clubhouse that serves wonderful food and libations with incredible out door views…and a golf course to boot!
- The development’s owners are residents who actively promote a friendly, active community;
- Building requirements and future plans call for preservation of a natural environment that is open and peaceful;
- Residents immediately welcomed us as friends;
- High-quality skiing, mountain biking, and hiking opportunities are available at our door step; and
- Breathtaking scenery can be enjoyed every season of the year.
We love this place. It was a great decision!
No pretense, no worries, no stress…all within an amazing view.
Today we love living there. There really is a sense of community and friendliness. The trails up Jug Mountain offer daily opportunities for adventure and exercise. I am constantly amazed at the beauty that is right in my back yard, when I set out mountain biking from my house I consider myself lucky to have found such a place with great trails and no crowds. In the winter to be able to skate ski in my own neighborhood is a is a treat, it makes getting my workout easy and quick. The beauty of the frost on the trees and the peace and elevation gain, of the trails to the upper reservoir is always jaw dropping. Not to mention my four legged friends get to come with me. We also enjoy the beauty of the golf course and the convenience and views from the clubhouse.
Looking back on what I have written I sound like a commercial for JMR but I really do love the place quit a bit!
Jug Mountain Ranch is a labor of the family’s longtime love and respect for the land. It is unequaled for its beauty and its understated grandeur. It was carefully planned to be a wide open community for enjoying–not a glitzy land venture for out-of-area promoters and high-pressure sales people to “pump, dump and bankrupt.”
When we see John Carey jump out of his ’68 Volvo to pick up a wayward piece of paper, we owners want to stop what we are doing and “police” the entire 1,400 acres along side him….
The other thing that has turned out to be equally important is the easy access trails in the summer. We love to bike and hike on all the new trails that have been built over the past couple years.
Perhaps the greatest asset provided by the Jug Mountain Ranch experience are the great neighbors, whether they are next door or just up the road. There is a certain sense of community that is not really found in other developments. That might be challenged by some who live in other developments. However, to really know the difference, you have to live here part time or full time. When we think of living elsewhere, all of what we have come to love, would be hard to give up. If someone asks me what I love most about the Jug Mountain Ranch experience, I would have tell them they need to come and live here and then you will understand our love for the area.
Own a piece of the Ranch. HOME SITES are now available with views of Jughandle Mountain, fairways, meadows, streams, and ponds. Learn more about our REAL ESTATE options and find the property of your dreams.
Community Real Estate